Students Registration Steps for Joining Team 3322: 2019-2020
Step 1: Email List Sign-Up
Step 2: Join Slack and Team Drive
Slack is our main way of communicating and Google Team Drive is where we store our documents. If you aren’t already on Slack or Team Drive, ask a team captain (Kevin Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org) or mentor (John Duquette, email@example.com) to add you.
Step 3: Member Application
Step 4: FIRST Registration
If this is your first year on the team you will need to register with FIRST, a parent/guardian will also need to create a FIRST account to give you permission to join Team 3322. Returning students still need to log in to FIRST to update their account. The FIRST registration system is notoriously difficult to navigate, contact Mentor Mike Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Note: you do not need to complete the FIRST consent & release forms for students online as we will be collecting paper versions from the whole team.
Step 5: Payment
Pay team dues of $200. You can pay by check or PayPal. If paying by PayPal, add “registration fee” and the student’s name in the comment section. If paying by check, make payable to “Skyline Robotics Team”, write “registration fee” and student’s name on the memo line. Hand the check to Mrs Schaffer at Skyline or put in the lockbox at Forsythe. Students who are eligible for reduced/free lunch are eligible to receive full scholarship for all team fees. Contact Mrs. Schaffer at email@example.com to set this up.
Step 6: Paper Forms
Hand in completed paper forms to Mrs Schaffer in the DTEP computer lab, or drop in the lockbox at Forsythe.
- Print both pages of the Health Information Form. Have a parent/guardian fill it out and sign it (physician signature required if medications needed). This form is required before you can work in the shop or travel with the team.
- Print the Private Vehicle Authorization. Have a parent/guardian fill it out and sign it. This form is required before you can ride in the carpool.
- Print the Community Service Permission Slip. Have a parent/guardian fill it out and sign it. This form is required before you can attend local community service excursions.
- Print both the FIRST Headquarters consent and release form AND the FIRST in Michigan consent and release form. Have a parent/guardian fill them both out and sign them. Both these forms are required before you can attend competitions.
- Print the University of Michigan Participation Waiver. Have a parent/guardian fill it out and sign it. This form is required before you can attend the Kick Off event hosted by U-M.
- Print Preseason Consent Form and have parent/guardian fill and sign it. This form is required for all preseason events (Bloomfield Girls Competition, WAPUR, and UM Kickoff).